The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Ms. Anna: our go-to for all clubs and activities

Ms. Anna Reagan, Mission High School’s Student Activities Manager, Leadership Coordinator and designer of the yearbook, brings the most positive energy to the school. After a visit to her office, you come out with a new attitude and mindset all the time. 

When I asked Ms. Anna “What brought you to the Mission?” she said, “My sister was a teacher at John O’Connell at the time and she sent me the job listing. I wanted to work in education and the position seemed like the perfect fit. I have really enjoyed my time here and I’m so grateful that I decided to come work at MHS.”

She started working here in September 2022.

What has changed since you started working here? 

Ms Anna:  “New students! Many of the students in my clubs last year were seniors who graduated and moved on. It has been fun getting to know the incoming class and seeing the new contributions that students have brought to leadership and to other clubs this year.”

For advice about becoming a leader, Ms. Anna said, “I think a good leader is someone who is not afraid to put themselves out there. Someone who’s not afraid to say ‘I care about my school. I want our community to feel safe, I want our students to feel empowered to strive for their academic best, and I want others to care too!’ But the most important aspect of being a student leader is simply wanting to be a student leader. If you want to show up and join our group, then we want to have you!”

You might wonder how you can be a part of Mission Leadership.

Ms. Anna says, ‘“Apply!! I’m going to be sending out a survey later this year collecting the info of interested students and recruiting them for leadership. Students can also come see me at my office in room 105 or reach out to me directly via email at [email protected]. Even if you can’t make a full commitment but would like to be involved sometimes when you’re available, come talk to me! We can find a place for you.”

Ms. Anna, offered some tips for students going into college. “Speak to a counselor when you get to college and look into doing internships that you can earn class credits for that will count toward your major. That way if you are doing unpaid labor you can get credit for it and when you graduate you will have work experience to list on your resume.”

Natalie Ramirez

Here is a fun fact about Ms. Anna:  ‘I want to experience living in different parts of the US and then I would like to ultimately end up back in the Bay Area somewhere. I’d like to live in New York at some point.”

What other ways do you enjoy your free time?

“I am a big reader and I am always usually reading one physical book and listening to one audiobook at any given time. Last year I read 50 books. My favorite genres are fantasy and sci fi. I also love drawing/painting, seeing movies at the Roxie, walking around and exploring different neighborhoods, and spending time with friends/family.”

Ms. Anna is someone you should see to help you become a member of a club or program at MHS. Her office hours are 10am to 6pm.