Girls Flag Football Team’s Spectacular Season         

Dallas Dillard, outside receiver and Mission junior. (Natalie Ramirez)

Mission High School’s flag football team has a 6-3 record and made the postseason in their second year of  existence. They have won several close games this season and have fought with adversity throughout the journey.    

Dallas Dillard, a junior who plays outside receiver, has had a spectacular season so far showing her leadership this season.  

She mentions how it’s her first time playing an outside receiver position and her first time even playing flag football. Her passion for the game can be seen on the field. Dallas said what she loves the most about flag football is how much running it requires because it has shaped her to be the player she is now.  

Dallas said, “My best game was against ICA compared to Burton, which was the closest game 12-8.”

Her coach Antoane Porter said, “Dallas was always one of the first girls on time for practice and always kept a positive attitude which encouraged other girls to join.”

The team captain is Zara Pratt. 

“Right now Zara is a great athlete and great captain. She is always trying to win all the time,” he said.

When asked what Coach Antoane is proud of, he said, “Mission putting together the team late notice and beating Lowell. We put together a group of girls and went into three overtime games, winning all of them.”

This Saturday, they have one more chance, but this time it is to win 3rd place in the league, according to Coach Antoane.

“I am very proud of all the girls who came out, every girl made it proud for other girls to come out and play,” said Coach Antoane.