The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Art by Joseph Reyna
Brawl Stars
May 1, 2024

Fun Facts About Ms. Sanchez

Eri Cruz-Moreno

Kerry Corrine Sanchez teaches all subjects at Mission High School. She’s been teaching here for four years. While she works in San Francisco, she’s actually from Santa Maria, CA. Ms. Sanchez says that Santa Maria is very small compared to San Francisco, and that there aren’t as many opportunities in Santa Maria as there are here. 

She came to teach here at Mission High School because “Mission was an interesting school.” Although, Ms. Sanchez didn’t expect how many tall students there are at Mission, and that makes her feel “mini.”                                                              

At first, she didn’t know what subject she wanted to teach when thinking about her career, but she knew she liked talking to kids. Ms. Sanchez likes students of all grades, and wants to be someone who helps students reach their full potential. That’s the best part of being a teacher, according to her.  

She wants to have a pet, specifically a dog. She’s worried about raising it however, because it’s such a large responsibility. 

When asked what her favorite memory from Mission is, she said “Going surfing was fun, especially with Eri, Heron, Francisco,” and the rest of the other students that went with her.

What she loved about teaching during the pandemic was, “being able to work in pajamas and not yelling at kids.” 

At Mission she tries to treat all students equally. Ms. Sanchez believes that everyone should work as a team, and she wants students to be ready to learn in her class. 

She always lets students eat in her class. If you ever go to her class, you’ll see many smiles. Her students go up and talk to her, and enjoy laughing with her. You know you’re going to be happy walking out of her class, because she creates a very positive environment. She’s kind and welcoming, and her class is the perfect place to study.

Ms. Sanchez’s favorite hobbies are reading and hanging out with her friends. She also enjoys doing trivia. She’s very creative, making crafts of all kinds through sewing, molding clay, and using paper. She also likes crafting bows, bracelets and wax candles. 

Her advice to students is, “Keep following your dreams.”