The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Good Old Morning Due
Good Old Morning Due
April 25, 2024
How Safe Do You Feel?
April 15, 2024

Teaching is in Ms. Jensen’s blood

Ms. Jensen
Ms. Jensen

Ms. Julianne Jensen has been working at Mission for six years. She really likes how the school is committed to being successful and is proud to be part of that. 

She is committed to social justice. She and her husband attend protests for causes that feel important to her like climate change and stopping war.

Ms. Jensen believes: “When people work together, change happens.” She reflected that her commitment to social justice is not daily as she would like, but “I pay attention and do what she can.” 

Ms. Jensen mentioned that “regular mindfulness practice benefits her life” and she even talks about it in classes. 

Ms. Jensen enjoys hiking, reading, and going outdoors during summer. 

She was born in Illinois near the Mississippi River, and her grandparents owned a farm in Central Illinois. She loved to spend her summers on the farm when she was a  kid.  

I was curious about how Ms Jensen feels at Mission High. She mentioned that she really likes how diverse the campus is and how students are so smart, talented, and ready to learn everyday. 

Ms. Jensen is one of a kind because she really enjoyed school and was very active in drama and student clubs, including Future teachers of America.

“I grew up in a family of public school teachers. My dad was a middle and high school teacher; my mother was a teacher in elementary school; my grandmother was a high school English teacher and my three aunts and uncles work in public schools.”

Teaching is in Ms. Jensen’s blood.