The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Prom Q&A

Prom+Q%26A

It’s that season. Students are shopping for dresses, buying tickets, and orchestrating promposals. 

Some may ask why the prices are so high or haven’t bought prom tickets yet because of how expensive they are. Well, the members of the prom committee have said that the tickets cost that much due to how much money they are spending in order to make prom happen.

But another shocking fact is how shocked prom committee members were learning many people were not buying tickets due to the expense.

The prom committee said,  “The price has always been like that.”

Ms. Yadi in the counseling office is in charge of the whole event.

Ms. Yadi said, “I want it to be a good turnout and have fun. We try to make prom tickets as cheap as we can for people to attend. The prices are high because we have to pay for different things like the venue, decorations, king and queen, a 360 camera, and a photo booth. I love being part of the prom committee where I can help others.”

I would recommend that you check out the counseling office for questions or concerns. If you are struggling with the cost, check out the dresses they provide and talk about your situation. 

What is the date for prom?

-Saturday, May 18, 2024, from 6:00-11:00 p.m. 

What are you going to wear?

-The theme is Magical Night where you could wear dressy attire or whatever you feel comfortable with. Same thing for the guys, probably a suit will be better.

How much do prom tickets cost? 

-They cost $90 dollars for seniors, $100 for juniors, and $110 for guests, included in your ticket would also be your ticket to food. You can buy them at the counseling office.  

Who will be going?

-Besides yourself, your guest has to sign a document which will require them to put their information down and have a parent sign in order to go to prom. 

Where is the prom located?

-It’s at the College of San Mateo located in 1700 W Hillsdale Blvd. in San Mateo.