The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Sara Kosoff: A Helping Hand

Sara Kosoff: A Helping Hand

Every time I’m in Sara Kosoff’s class, I feel good because it’s a class where I can relax. The energy in her class is good. When I have difficulties understanding the content of the class, she comes to my desk to try a different way and explain it in Spanish. She helps me a lot academically because every time I leave class, I complete all my assignments. 

Ms. Kosoff says that it was her aunt who inspired her to become a teacher. Her aunt was a teacher who spent 30 years teaching English in Daly City, which motivated Ms. Kosoff to become a teacher.

Ms. Kosoff has been teaching at Mission High School for five years and she feels happy about that. She likes her job because she feels that she has an opportunity to connect with her students, and she can also learn more. The positive energy of her students help her a lot.

Ms. Kosoff likes Mission High because she has the opportunity to do activities with both her students and fellow teachers. She decided to teach health classes because she likes to share with others how to be healthy. She also enjoys the opportunity to talk to others, support them and give them advice. 

Ms. Kosoff likes to go out and have fun with her friends. She likes to cook for herself and her friends. She also likes to take walks, relax and read books. She likes to sleep a lot. Ms. Kosoff said that her motivation is her nieces because they are “very special to me.” Children are special to her.

I asked Ms. Kosoff what worries her in the world. She told me that the weather worries her, because it makes people who are not used to the weather sick. The violence that exists in the streets worries her too.

What is happening in Israel also worries her because it is complicated for the people of Israel. 

“If I had the opportunity to teach another class, which one would I do? I’d like to teach physics classes because it deals with health and art and I believe it is a very interesting class because people can develop talents that they may not know they have.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Mission Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mission High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.