The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Mission Boys Baseball Teams Ends Strong

@Missionhsbaseball instagram

The Boys Baseball Team’s run in the playoffs ended in the semifinals. The boys came off of a strong regular season coming out with a whopping record of 14-1. They finished off as the number one team in San Francisco’s division 2 league. This will cause them to get promoted back to division 1 for next season. They beat Academy 4-1 in the quarterfinals and lost to Lowell in the semi-finals.

#2 Isaiah Dantzler said what motivates him to play at his best is his “hate for Lowell.”

And something that is common at Mission high school is the hate for hate for Lowell as there is a history of rivalry. This rivalry goes a long way as the Lowell Cardinals are most disliked by Mission Bears than any other school in the city of San Francisco. 

To wrap this all up, I want to say the Mission Bears Baseball Team came a long way. From being demoted to D2 after a previous bad season and to then earning a 14-1 record, the boys showed that they still remained “grimy” getting back to where they needed to be. That’s one thing about Mission: we will always get right in the classroom or on the football field, basketball court, baseball field, and even volleyball.

Being a “Grimy Bear” is something that comes naturally when you go to Mission.  Going to Mission doesn’t mean just going to Mission. You’re going somewhere that has history. That is something I learned going to Mission while playing sports and it’s an attitude I’ve witnessed growing up.

The boys lost the game against Lowell in the playoffs. Here is what Coach Bey had to say: “This group of boys is by far the best team I’ve coached in my time with baseball.”