The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Good Old Morning Due
Good Old Morning Due
April 25, 2024
How Safe Do You Feel?
April 15, 2024

Consider a home-based nail technician

French-tip, fill 45 by home-based artist nailsbyy_mel
Natalie Ramirez

If you go to a nail and manicure shop or go to a home-based shop, you’ll probably ask for nails that are currently trending, like French Tip or Coconut Milky White. I get my nails done at a home-based salon, because I feel like they leave my nails better than if you go to a nail shop. I prefer to spend $70 knowing that my nails are guaranteed to be beautiful.  This isn’t always the case when it comes to a nail salon with many technicians.

For a home-based nail salon, you can book appointments on Instagram. Scroll through the account first to see if you like the nails and the quality, before actually booking with them. Make sure their location is convenient for you.

In some nail shops, if you don’t like the quality and how they look, you still have to pay. This is very annoying.  The prices can range from $40-80 depending on length, shape, and the addition of charms or crystals. Supplies and materials are expensive. Home-based nail technicians really put their time and effort into the nails and ensuring they look good. That’s why they’re so expensive. For most of these nails techs, this is their nine-to-five job, and sometimes they have around 4-5 clients a day. For other nail techs, it’s just a hobby or a side job.

I feel like nowadays we forget the beauty and effort people put into art. Nail art is not as valued as much as it should be. Even though my set is already a bit pricey, I tend to tip my nail artist, since I see how much effort she puts into my nails. The effect after they’re done is always pleasing to me.  I always love the sets she does for me.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Mission Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mission High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.