The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Good Old Morning Due
Good Old Morning Due
April 25, 2024
How Safe Do You Feel?
April 15, 2024

A Sad End to a Joyful Niners Season

Chalida Anusasananan
Josiah Herrera sporting Niners pride

The Super Bowl is over this year and the 49ers lost. 

Even though we lost, it was a great season full of excitement, red and gold from August to January. Niners jerseys were everywhere, especially in the hallways of Mission High School.

One memory I had watching of the season was watching the playoffs. During the playoffs, I was at Buffalo Wild Wings, and this was the scene. Everyone was geared up in red and gold and I saw the most beautiful niners jackets being repped. Some had glitter gems. Others were leather. They were shiny and original.

I was surrounded by the most faithful fans of the Bay. Everybody was cheering and jumping every time the Niners made a touchdown. It had been a long time since the Niners won and the build up was great. The city came together to celebrate and support the niners. 

Here is how people at Mission spent Super Bowl Sunday:

Briana Rodriguez, a junior, watched the Super Bowl at her dad’s friend’s house. They had chicken with rice and avocado with chips. Briana felt very sad, mostly for her dad who’s been a Niners fan since forever. He has been waiting for the moment the Niners would win a Super Bowl.

Rachael Wadginski, a senior, stayed home and watched it with her cat. She had teriyaki food. After that, Rachael felt devastated and just stayed home. 

Gio Arias, another senior, watched the Super Bowl with his family. When the Niners lost, it was a very depressing moment and the atmosphere in the Super Bowl party went quiet.

Nikka in her Niners gear. (Natalie Ramirez)

Nikka, a staff member, had a Super Bowl party. She enjoyed watching the Super Bowl with her family but the ending was, “very sad, depressing, devastating.” 

Alani Krejci, junior, watched the Super Bowl at home with his family, eating pizza.  Through the season he really thought it was destiny for the Niners to win the Super Bowl. When the Niners lost, “I had to pretend that I didn’t care,” because it was too painful to face reality.

The Faithfuls will always stay “Faithful to the Bay.” Even though the Niners lost, we always have next year.

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Mission Chronicle

Your donation will support the student journalists of Mission High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.