The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

OLE Assembly: a success!

Natalie Ramirez

OLE, a club for Latin students that started in the early 2000s and was established by Ms. Rodriguez, recently had their annual assembly. Their theme of the annual festival was Carnaval. This year’s assembly was hosted on May 10th to honor all mothers from Latin America and to celebrate Mother’s Day. Club members distributed Latin American flags to wave them around during the assembly.

Every dance represented a different culture around Latin America. Performances included dances from Colombia, El Salvador, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Nicaragua Guatemala, Ecuador and Venezuela. Mr. Carvajal’s mariachi class also performed during the assembly including their rendition of “Cielito Lindo”. 

Kathy Cuellar said,  “Le gusto la organización de cada baile y la manera que mostraron su cultura y como representaron la comunidad latina , cada baile tenia una significado diferente y representaba diferentes paises y culturas.”

Yonatan Marin said, “Me gustaron los trajes referidos a cada pais latinoamericano, a excepción de el baile Hondureno (la punta) me hubiese gustado que lo hubieran representado personas las cuales saben sobre el baile y de donde viene su cultura.”

Elianna Molina Lopez, junior, loved the dresses and dances that were part of OLE.

If  you want to be part of OLE go to room 320, Ms.Rodriguez’s classroom, to meet the rest of the OLE students.