The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Prom Q&A
Prom Q&A
May 14, 2024

Ms. Penrose: Finding Her Passion

Ms. Penrose: Finding Her Passion
Anthony Diaz

I met Ms. Penrose in the second semester of freshman year, after winter break. I had her for second period. At first, I thought that she was a little scary. I was worried that she was going to be a scary teacher because of the last experience I’d had at Lowell, with my biology teacher. But after getting to know Ms. Penrose, I built a strong relationship with her and realized that she’s very humble, kind, caring, and open-minded. 

Ms. Penrose has been a teacher for 20 years, 17 of which have been at Mission High School. She went to university at Stanford, where her original major was pre-med. She shadowed a doctor one day and “…decided then and there that maybe being a doctor is not what (she) wanted.” 

Being in the medical field wasn’t for her. She says “I love biology, but I wanted to spend more time with people then I realized I could as a doctor.”

“I love Mission and I’m so glad I ended up here.” Ms. Penrose states. She loves the opportunities to be creative, and the support that she gets from her community. 

Ms. Penrose says “I like cooking, camping, spending time with friends, traveling, and gardening.” She does most of those things outside of school, but she likes to garden at Mission and spend time with her friends.