The Mission Chronicle

The Student News Site of Mission High School

The Mission Chronicle

The Mission Chronicle

Art by Joseph Reyna
Brawl Stars
May 1, 2024

Always making time for students: Mr. Arreguin

Mission High School is a school with great education and incredible students. Schools like Mission challenge their students with homework and classwork that can last several working days. But what happens when the work becomes more than a challenge? 

Meet Uvaldo Arreguin, an educator in Mission’s Learning Support Department. Mr. A. is usually the person you go to for help with homework from any class. From easy to difficult, Mr. A. is there to guide and assist you academically.  

You might find Mr. A. rocking that Hawaiian shirt with shorts in his seat. Mr. Arreguin has been a hard working teacher since 2012. He has been in preschools, middle schools, and now high school. 

Mr. A. always loves to help students and socialize with other teachers. He has always viewed Mission as a “special community” with awesome students, a great atmosphere and relaxing days.

Mr. A. first taught in smaller schools where he would assist students with missing or incomplete work. One day while working in Aptos Middle School, he learned that a friend of his was going to Mission High School and invited him to go with him. So he did.

Outside of school, Mr. A. is a chill person who likes to hang out with his friends. He loves going to the movies, getting brunch and dinners, and he likes driving around everywhere. His favorite dish is “all sorts of soups” especially Vietnamese and Mexican. 

His high school life was much more different than ours. He attended Birmingham High School where he attended swimming classes in his spare time and was a very good student. He was very good at socializing with others and he even became student body president. Mr. A. always loved to help those who had difficulty in class. Since 2012, he’s helped many students who consider calm and nice.